THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

case ond string through metal piece needed...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: case ond string through metal piece needed...   Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 am

That thing on back of bass that you thread string through to the bridge, right? That's a string ferrule. Stew-Mac's website and catalog have them available, not 100% sure they are the same exact size and appearance though.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scootron

PostSubject: Re: case ond string through metal piece needed...   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Check your PMs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basshack

PostSubject: Re: case ond string through metal piece needed...   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 am

Yes, ferrule - that's the word I was looking for...Thanks, I'll check out SM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: case ond string through metal piece needed...   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 am

Have you tried looking at pawn shops for a T-40 case? When I got my T I didn't have a case so I found a Dyna Bass case for $10 at a pawn shop. The T didn't fit in there really well, so I got the box cutter out and did some mods to make it fit. That worked for a couple of years and then I found a proper Type 2 T-case at a pawn shop for $25 or so.

Are you talking about the ferrule on the back side of the body where the strings are anchored? If so, I think Stewart-McDonald guitar parts has some that should work.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basshack

PostSubject: case ond string through metal piece needed...   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:32 am

Looking for original T-40 case and one of the little metal string through hole pieces...(no idea what it's called).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: case ond string through metal piece needed...   

Back to top Go down

case ond string through metal piece needed...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1