THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am looking for a new neck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
b-bottom

I am looking for a new neck Empty
PostSubject: I am looking for a new neck   I am looking for a new neck I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 am

Just like the title says I am seeking a new Neck for my T 40.

I inherited this bass from my grandfather. Before he put it into storage he loosened the strings. It ended up sitting like that for about 15 years.

Because of that the neck it warped and can not be fixed. I've taken it to several places and they keep telling me the same thing.

So if anyone has an extra neck or know of a place where I could get one I will really appreciate it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
shawnpcrouch

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for a new neck   I am looking for a new neck I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am

Check out Ebay, I see necks for the T-40's every now and then. I myself had to wait patiently for bridge saddles to be put on the site.
Back to top Go down
chiptodd

chiptodd

PostSubject: New neck   I am looking for a new neck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:16 pm

I hope I'm not too late. You can loosen the truss rod nut about 4 turns, place the neck, frets up, between two chairs, and have a heat source below the middle of the neck. A 200 or 250 watt lightbulb is the safest, as you wouldn't be happy with the smell, (or the effect) of applying too much heat. I keep the heat about 1.5 feet away and where I can hold my hand between the heat source and the neck. Usually, I hang some weight on the neck which would tend to to induce a concave aspect to the fretboard. If you are not comfortable with heating the neck, (usually takes about 8 hours and needs to cool off with the weight still on it). The truss rod will counteract it if you get more than you want in concavity. T-60 and T-40 necks are just about bulletproof, and I have never encountered one that twisted at all.
Chip Todd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for a new neck   I am looking for a new neck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a new neck
Page 1 of 1