A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings from SA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valie

PostSubject: Greetings from SA   Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi there I'm from South Africa and I want to tell you about the luck I picked up the other day. A friend of mine gave me a Fender type of bass for free. It's got the P and J pickup style setup. Both pickups are microphonic and the body is made of plywood.The neck was fitted badly in that the scale lenght was out with approx 1" The neck is a T40 neck in perfect condition. I told him that this was not the original guitar. The very next day I walked into a Pawnshop and saw the original guitar for a bargain( R2500.00 - devide into 7 for USd) It was in a perfect condition. Obviously I bought it. Sunburst with maple neck (The other one is also maple) and blade P/ups. I did not get the original case. I had a Milestone BXP bass that I used for fretless work.I then replaced the neck with the T40 neck. Weight is balanced and the feel is right.Sounds good with the J p/ups too. Serials on the original is 01363142 and the Frankie is 01280167. The plywood has got the fretless neck on untill I can fix the pickups and make a new body for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from SA   Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 am

Welcome to the show and congrats on picking up the T-40 and the Frankie!

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Greetings from SA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: