HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

... how old is mine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jluker2

PostSubject: ... how old is mine?   Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 pm

hey there...

I have one and tried giving peavey the serial number and they responded saying that they dont have it on record anymore... all I know is that it has toaster style pickups and the serial number is 00320838. can I get any help with this.... I just need some info on how old it is. from what I have learned is that the toaster pickups were used in the late 70's and then the blade pickups were used in the early 80's... but I dont know if they are the original pickups or if some one swaped them out. help please?

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: ... how old is mine?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:07 pm

That serial number should be a 1979. Toaster pups would be correct for that year. Does the headstock say "Patent Applied For"?

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jluker2

PostSubject: Re: ... how old is mine?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
That serial number should be a 1979. Toaster pups would be correct for that year. Does the headstock say "Patent Applied For"?

yes it does, i just looked on wikipedia and there is a list of serial numbers and you were right its a 79. thank you for verifying.

I have one more question...

does the phase switch have three positions? up, middle, down? the manual says it only has two... from what I read at least. and what was the body made of when they made those? mine does not feel that heavey at all... in fact I think my Jazz active deluxe five string weighs more than that...

thanks again. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: ... how old is mine?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 am

The phase switch should only have two positions. Sounds like a previous owner replaced the switch with the wrong type. I have a T-60 that has a 3-position switch in the phase position. It works as a kill switch for the time being until I get off my lazy back side and solder in a proper replacement.

The natural and burst bodies were ash. Painted ones were poplar.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... how old is mine?   

Back to top Go down

... how old is mine?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1