THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions about Peavey T-20

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
diggingforfire

Questions about Peavey T-20 Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:06 am

Hey everyone,
I just stumbled on this website while looking around the web for information on the T-40 and T-20. I eventually would love to get a T-40, but for the time being just purchased a T-20 off my local craigslist because of how good of a deal it was. I just had a few questions about the T-20 and haven't found as much info for them as the T-40.

I need to get a case for the bass. Does anyone know if the molded/countour cases for the T-40 also fit the T-20? The body looks very similiar, but I wasn't sure if the dimensions are different enough to prevent using one of these cases. If so, does anyone know where I could get a case that fits?

Has anyone on this board modded anything on their T-20's? New pickups/new finishes/or other wiring changes?

I was also just curious what everyone's thoughts on the T-20 are. It seems like everyone raves about the T-40 (which I completely agree with. I played one a few years ago when a friend of mine had one). I just haven't really been able to find many reviews or comparisons of the T-20 from someone that has also used a T-40.

Thanks a lot!

- Justin
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:56 am

Welcome to show and congrats on getting a T-20! I've been looking for one myself for a while now.

The T-20 will fit in the T-40 cases. It isn't going to be a snug fit as the body cavity is made for the T-40 shape. If I remember correctly T-20s did come in T-40 cases back in the day. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

T-40 cases come up quite often on eBay. Keep an eye on Craigslist and other similar web sites. I've had great luck at pawn shops finding Peavey cases.

Off hand I don't remember if anyone here has modded a T-20 or not. I did see a modded T-20 on eBay a while back. Someone had attempted a Frost Blue refin on one and it didn't look that bad. I don't remember if the pickup or wiring had been modded or not.

I personally want a T-20 'cause I've heard the nut width is smaller than the T-40. See, I'm a guitarist that owns a T-40 to tinker around on for demos and such. I think a smaller nut width would be easier for me to transition to.
Back to top Go down
diggingforfire

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Frank,
Thanks for the reply! I'll post a picture of the T-20 once I get it. I just order a new (white) pickguard, as well as a matching truss rod cover (since it was missing one). I can't wait to get the bass to play around with.

I'll keep an eye out for a case. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:51 am

Very cool, looking forward to seeing some pics of it.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am

You're going to LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the T-20. I wouldn't mod it. The single super ferrite pickup is very hot. Weighs a lot less than a T-40. The neck isn't as chunky as the T-40 but I don't think the width at the nut is much different. I think it's just the flatter profile, I'll have to check.

The T-20 will fit in a T-40 case perfectly. I love the simplicity of the T-20 as far as single pickup, love the placement of it with the thumbrest surround. You can get a pretty good P-bass sound from it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:56 am

A flatter profile would be good for me. You keep adding more reasons for me to grab a T-20.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:06 am

Haha, you gotta do it Tony. Either get a T-20 or the older Fury, practically the same bass except for the slight body contour differences.
Back to top Go down
diggingforfire

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Scott, thanks for the input. I'm even more excited to get the bass now. One reason I was interested in it was because of the simplicity. It's great to hear that its lighter than the T-40 as well. I'll post pics and my initial response to it once I get it...hopefully it'll be here within the next week.

I was actually pretty surprised that I couldn't find as much about it online as the T-40 and the T-60. It just doesn't seem to be as big of a topic of discussion for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm

diggingforfire wrote:
Scott, thanks for the input. I'm even more excited to get the bass now. One reason I was interested in it was because of the simplicity. It's great to hear that its lighter than the T-40 as well. I'll post pics and my initial response to it once I get it...hopefully it'll be here within the next week.

I was actually pretty surprised that I couldn't find as much about it online as the T-40 and the T-60. It just doesn't seem to be as big of a topic of discussion for whatever reason.

I'll be quite happy to buy up T-20s and Fury's for cheap. I just love 'em and I know you will too. Slap some new strings on there and off you go.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 am

Scottpro1969 wrote:
Haha, you gotta do it Tony. Either get a T-20 or the older Fury, practically the same bass except for the slight body contour differences.

Both are on my short list of "must-have" equipment.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:28 am

We'll turn you into a "primary" bass player before long... Razz

I've been having so much fun with my new T-60 that my basses have been neglected. Though I gave my T-20 and 45 a good workout last night.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 am

Shocked

If you do that then I'll have a ridiculous amount of guitar gear to sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Peavey T-20   Questions about Peavey T-20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about Peavey T-20
Page 1 of 1