THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Just got a T-40 that is something special

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DRoot

PostSubject: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Hello,
I just bought a T-40 in natural with a rosewood fretboard, but the real beauty of it is that it has the most wonderful birdseye neck I have seen in quite a while. I have looked at the pictures here and have not been able to find another like it and was wondering if the people at Peavey ever made custom T-40s back in 1982. I own a Custom shop Peavey 6 string cirrus and the birdseye on it's fretboard is only slightly better.

Thanks for the help,
Dave R
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:58 am

Welcome to the show Dave! I have seen a handful of birdseye necks on T's, but I don't know if they are original to the instruments or custom shop. I don't believe there was a custom shop back in the day. There is always to chance that the necks we've both seen are custom jobs made by Chip at some point.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRoot

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 am

How would a person find out. I have contacted Peavey but have yet to receive an answer.
DRoot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRoot

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:02 pm

According to the service people at Peavey, the Birdseye neck was an accident that happened from time to time. They claim this was not a desirable feature at that time and would not have been ordered.
DRoot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 am

That makes sense to me. I still don't find the birdseye look very desirable. Not much on those translucent finishes where you see the grain either. I guess I'm strange.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sammitch

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:07 am

Congrats Dave, you outbid me in the last few minutes on that one. Looks like a beautiful bass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a T-40 that is something special   

Back to top Go down

Just got a T-40 that is something special
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1