THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truss rod cover?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
derek.n.harris

derek.n.harris

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:28 pm

I am a proud owner of a T-60 and decided that I loved it so much that it needed a mate. I just bought my first T-40 on ebay and it appears that the truss rod cover is missing. Anyone have any ideas about replacing it? The serial is 0176xxx.

If you search the completed listings on ebay you can see my bass. Item #180261682529.

I am glad to have found you guys, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

Thanks,

Derek
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Derek,

Yep, I know where you can find one.

http://www.vintagegitaar.nl./

They're in the Netherlands, I think. They accept PayPal. Email Rene with the part number, etc...and he'll get back to you pretty quick. Reasonable shipping too. Nice guy, and he makes great replacement TRCs. You'll never know the difference from stock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Oh yeah, congrats on the new T-40!!! Post some pics when you get a chance!!
Back to top Go down
derek.n.harris

derek.n.harris

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks, I just sent an email Rene. This is a nice forum you all have here.

I will post some pics as soon as I find my usb cable for my camera. I think it was lost somewhere in the shuffle when I moved to Louisville earlier this month.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Thanks Derek, stop by and contribute often. How are you liking the sound of your new beast!! The T-40 is so versatile. I used to play strictly Rickenbackers but I can get a fairly decent Rick tone from the T-40. I can't justify the price of a Rick anymore...unless it's a 4001C64S, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Welcome to the show Derek! Glad to see another T-60 owner on board as well. Have you visited us over at the T-60 Forum?
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 am

What Up D ! ! ! ! ! !
Back to top Go down
derek.n.harris

derek.n.harris

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I love the T-40. I knew I would by how much I love the T-60. My problem now is I don't have a bass amp. I was going to take it around some shops here in Louisville and playtest a few amps, but I didn't make it that far. My guitar amp is a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo with a 2x12 extension cab, so I looked at some Mesas but it will be a few months before I could drop that kind of cash. Any ideas? I really want to stick with tube amps- what do some of you all use?

The truss rod cover would be 18 dollars total (including shipping to the US) from the master of the mill Rene at www.vintagegitaar.nl. I was surprised though that the pictures on eBay had no cover, but when it arrived at my door step the truss rod cover was there in all its truss rod masking glory.

Viktor, you are the only person whose pics I have checked out, and I like your gear with its biblical nomenclature.
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanks D! Feel free to post a comment on that pic page. It'll make my basses feel better. And regarding the names, well, heck- thats what 12 years of Catholic school will do to ya. Oh, Catholic guilt- What would I do with out you????

Now say seven hail mary's, ten Our Fathers and a Glory Be and light a candle in front of the St. Bridgett statue.

albino albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Truss rod cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss rod cover?   Truss rod cover? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truss rod cover?
Page 1 of 1