A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Review from Day #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ddbass

PostSubject: Review from Day #1   Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 am

So yesterday was my 1st full day of playing my T40 as I used it for a full day of teaching. For lessons, I run both my and my student's basses through a pretty large p.a. system. I was amazed at how full and commanding the sound was! For the most part my settings were bridge p/u soloed, humbucker position, and phase switch up. There was certainly a StingRay vibe there but it wasn't a clone; it had its own flavor. All my students were amazed at how good it sounded.

The most fun I had though was when a student asked me to show him how to play "Black Cow" by Steely Dan. Using the same setting as above, I found that the tone sounded just like the bass and clav sounds combined in the intro of the song. Punchy, articulate, warm and throaty all at the same time.

Well I'm not going to be able to get to a music store in time to get a set of strap locks before my gigs this w/e so I won't be taking her out tonight, but hopefully I'll have her ready for next w/e.

Happy Friday,

D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.davedemarco.com
Greg L.

PostSubject: Re: Review from Day #1   Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:11 am

It's funny you compare the sound to a Music Man Stingray.

Two weeks ago, I had to record the bass for my band's first EP. I went to the studio with my good ol' T-40 and my Music Man Stingray, thinking the T-40 will sound ridiculous compared to the Stingray ... and I end up recording with the T-40 : brighter, more articulate, more bite, ...
A 1500 euro bass blown by a good wooden toy bought for 300 euros ! ;-)

P.S. : WTS 1989 Music Man Stingray, good shape, maple neck & fretboard, sleeps in its flyghtcase for weeks ! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fastmotion.fr

Review from Day #1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: