THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 pm

What up everyone (mostly just Scott)!!!!

In the mail today i got my next and last T. I completed my collection. I got all the ones i wanted. I just need to take this baby to make her look all pretty. Then I'll get the whole bunch together- and it's picture time.

...Patience.

Bye Scott.

V.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Gotta get those pics V!!! Congrats!!! There's a gorgeous white/rosewood T-40 on eBay right now that I'm lusting after.

Post the pics when you can!!!

Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah, i saw that white one too! I would totally bid on it if it had the Blade Pick Ups. I need my TREBLE.

Gotts say, i'm a tad bit disappointed with the T-60's. The guitar looks great but i thought it would be bigger like the way the T-40 is, so MASSIVE. I've seen Fender Strats with bigger necks than the T-60. Still a cool guitar, Body is nice, could be bigger though is all im saying.

Pics will come-

I SWEAR !!!!!!

Once i get them all together playing nice and pretty like.

from hell,

v.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:57 pm

I just sold a T-60. I couldn't get used to the small neck either. Hmmm. How cool would it be to have a T-40 guitar??? I know Chip is doing custom T-60's converted to bass but, not the other way around. Interesting thought.

Pics!!! Pics!!! Gotta see 'em!!!!

I'm down to a natural T-40, my project sunburst/rosewood T-40 (still needs a wiring harness), and an Inca Gold/rosewood Fury. I'll have to bust out the camera this weekend. It's been hectic here.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:41 am

You ought to PM Chip and see if he would do a T-40 guitar conversion for you. I think that's a cool idea. I'm going to get him to help me do a 12 string conversion on a T-60 before long. I think I'm gonna call it the T-1260.
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:50 am

A T-40 converted into a guitar??? Nice. That would be terrific. I would totally play that. Imagine how thick that would sound. Heavy Metal. Chip needs to know about this.

I remember a guitar virtuoso friend of mine long time ago wanted to improve his speed and left hand strength. We came up with the idea, though never realized, to get an inexpensive 6 string bass and he practice playing the "guitar" only on that. Then come Live time, he'd use his long time axe and he would become a monster setting his guitar neck on fire with his SPEEEEED. But I digress...

The T-60 just rounded out my collection. You'll see them, no worrying.

How about getting a T-60 body and giving it a Fender Strat Neck??? Or is that retarded. Yeah, probably.

whatever.

from hell,

.v.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:50 pm

V,

I've heard that a Tele neck works great on a T-60. It is wider than the 60 or a Strat, which is nice for me with large mitts.

With a wide T-40 neck I would think a 12 string would kick ass. Gotta ask Chip about this.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:52 pm

I doubt they make strings that long anyway.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 pm

A T-1240. I'm liking that a lot. Very Happy

I'll PM Chip over at the T-60 Forum and pass on Scott's idea.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:15 am

Chip replied. He said, "making a T-40 into a guitar would be taking a great leap backwards."
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:53 am

PT43 wrote:
Chip replied. He said, "making a T-40 into a guitar would be taking a great leap backwards."

Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:55 am

i dont get it. did he give any reasons why??? and why is making a t-60 into a bass a great big step forwards??? hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 am

I would imagine it's the scale. I can sort of understand. The tension it would put on the neck would probably be too much. Also, the strings (if you could find them that long) would probably be floppy. Just my thought on the matter.
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Okay, honestly, the idea of making a T-60 bass is just as absurd as a T-40 guitar. If anything, the T-40 Guitar could be served purely for novelty purposes. Surely, I would use one. Scare the Audience. Then put it down and bring my T-40 bass into view.

Has their ever been a bigger bass?????? I can't think of a bigger four string. The T-40 is the same size roughly as my Bongo 5. But of course, The T-40 fret sizes are bigger. Keep them big I say.

Frender Strat Neck...???

...Peavey T-40....??????

...if the T-40 is a crazy idea then this strat/T concoption is no0thingville. Already said and done. I think i will try that one out.

Any suggestions for Colors???????? T60 BODY??? MAPLE ROSEWOOD NECK???????

:-)

I want my Peavey T-40 Guitar.

From Hell,

.V.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:22 am

Chip didn't give a reason other than what I cut and paste. I think Scott's dead on the money. I can't think of anyone out there making guitar strings long enough to cover the scale.

Chip makes the Basslets and T-60 Bass for folks that can't play the longer scales. As a guitarist I find both of them much easier to play than the T-40s and other basses I've plinked around on.
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:07 pm

lame.

i cant find a bass big enough. i want a full scale 24 frets (26 maybe even??) without diminishing the fret size.

I need a monster.

Guitar necks i always find way to small. it be cool to put a strat neck on a t-60. over on ebay though those strat necks go for a lot of money though and more often than not they come with no hardware. weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!   HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: