THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the thruss rod tool look like?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

Whats the thruss rod tool look like? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm

???? is there any like tool that would work for at a local hardware store?
Back to top Go down
KCR

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:22 pm

I use a standard allen wrench and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
CHILDISHGAMBINO

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:33 am

It's the same size as the Gibson one - 5/16 I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sleepertheband
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Damnit, the one on my Patriot is very different, its a nut, and quite hard to fit any sort of socket in there. Anyone know what size it is or what might work? I think it may be a lost cause as she's pretty bent.
Back to top Go down
CHILDISHGAMBINO

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:24 pm

You can order a tool from Peavey or go to a music shop and probably get one or at least use one. A normal socket is too big to fit between the truss rod nut and the wood in the neck. I just had my bass set up and we used the Gibson truss rod tool which is 5/16". I think the Peavey tool costs 5 bucks or something? At any rate a local music shop would have a Gibson truss rod tool I would think. Maybe they'll sell or give you one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sleepertheband
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:46 am

If Peavey is no longer selling the trussrod wrench, I'm pretty sure that the Gibson tool is your best bet.

When I had my T-40 refretted, I didn't have the trussrod tool, and the guy who did the work had to take one of his sockets to the grinder to get it thin enough to fit in the cavity.
Back to top Go down
eilif

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 pm

You want the 5/16 "gibson" size socket wrench. Go here.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Truss_rods/Pocket_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html

Don't mean to toot my own horn, but as is often the case, this is already covered in the T-40 infosheet... though I'll update the info from General Stu-Mac site to the specific webpage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the thruss rod tool look like?   Whats the thruss rod tool look like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the thruss rod tool look like?
Page 1 of 1