A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

leon wilkeson of skynyrd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
utfaod

PostSubject: leon wilkeson of skynyrd   Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 am

i don't have pics, or a video but i do know that leon wilkeson of lynyrd skynyrd played a t-40. thought he deserved to be mentioned here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WebToad

PostSubject: Re: leon wilkeson of skynyrd   Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 am

Never saw Leon with a T40, but he was a long-time devotee of other Peavey basses. I have a videotape of the 1987 reunion tour, and it looks like he was playing Dyna-Basses.

From Gary's Mace amps to lots of other stuff, those guys seriously ROCKED Peavey!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: leon wilkeson of skynyrd   Sun May 17, 2009 6:43 am

The first time that I was able to see Skynyrd was at Charlie Daniel's Volunteer Jam in 1987. It was the first show of the reunited band since the plane crash. It was a very emotional day for me.

Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet exposed me to Peavey amps before I began playing. They are the reason I chose Peavey amps in the beginning.

Leon was playing a very nice Dyna that night. He used it for most of the set on the two shows that tour that I saw. The rest of the night he'd rotate amongst a few Gibson Thunderbirds. I've only seen older pics of him with his T-birds and maybe a Fender or two. I seriously doubt he'd been using at T-40 since the plane crash happened on October 20th 1977. Chip hadn't gotten the T-40 into production yet. I don't recall him ever saying Leon was a recipient of one of the eight zero serial numbered prototypes.

I do remember seeing the bass player from the Atlanta Rhythm Section using a T-40 and I think Banner Thomas from Molly Hatchet might have too.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leon wilkeson of skynyrd   

Back to top Go down

leon wilkeson of skynyrd
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1