View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

PostSubject: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Are they worth my time? $150 w/case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eilif

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:10 am

If it's in good condition, I would say it is worth it. It's very similar to the early model fury basses. IIRC it has the same body shape. However it has a vertically mounted small size ferrite pickup, as opposed to the diagonally mounted large size pup found on early Fury and t-20 basses. I've only played one, but it had a nice strong p-bass tone to it.
You can find a manual for it here:

http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=5&term=patriot

It's the first download.
I think it had a p width neck, but I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Well I bought it for 125. Really a pretty nice bass, definitely a p copy through and through. She's black with a maple neck. Sadly the neck needs adjusting, what size wrench do I use, or do I need a special peavey key? The bridge and nut are meh, so I'll probably replace those in the near future. Not sure how the pickup sounds as I don't have a bass amp at home. The case seems to be the same as the t-40, though I have not checked. The neck is beautiful (really the reason I wanted it) and a p shape. Oh and its about half the weight of a 40.

Any bridge recommendations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
countshock

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:00 am

If the Patriot has the same trussrod set-up as a t-40, you'll need a 5/16" wrench to adjust it. You can get them from Stewart-Macdonald. But it might be different from the 40. that's all I got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eilif

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:53 am

Congrats on the new bass. As for the bridge, there are alot of good replacement bridges out there. Hipshot, Badass, Schaller, etc, but unless you are having problems with it, I wouldn't bother replacing it. You will have to drill new holes, and for a real upgrade, you will probably end up spending half as much as you spend on the bass.

One thing to note, if it's the large saddle bridge like a fury, to get a real low action, you may have to use the neck-tilt adjustment at the neck heel. The saddles on that particualr bridge are so big that even bottomed out, they sometimes prevent the strings from going low enough unless you tilt the neck. On the plus side, the neck tilt allows for a very low action with almost no string relief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I already picked up a wilkensen bridge http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-WILKINSON-Bass-Bridge-Vintage-Fender-type-BB4_W0QQitemZ130207022026QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41407QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Its a decent improvement and only cost 14 shipped (found a different seller) only required 2 drill holes, and looks dead sexy on the black bass.

The biggest issue I need to deal with is to get the tool to get rid of some of the neck relief. I hope to god the thruss rod still works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 am

Have you tried the neck tilt yet? Always give that a try before monkeying with the truss rod.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone here ever play a patriot bass?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1