THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

t-40 proper care and feeding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
poomwah

t-40 proper care and feeding Empty
PostSubject: t-40 proper care and feeding   t-40 proper care and feeding I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:05 am

I just got my new baby, after almost 2 decades of wanting and needing one, mine came home friday night. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago.
According to my serial number, mine is an 81, and it looks a lot like the one in the forum's homepage pic, but just a little bit darker.
What kind of finish is this exactly and more importantly what should I be doing to it, and NOT doing to it, to take care of it?
Back to top Go down
wanderlusterer

wanderlusterer

PostSubject: Re: t-40 proper care and feeding   t-40 proper care and feeding I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:54 am

you should be playing it and NOT wearing a belt or at least have some padding so you don't scratch the back of the body. That is all. Smile

P.S. I'm sure someone's got some better advice than me damnit.

poomwah wrote:
I just got my new baby, after almost 2 decades of wanting and needing one, mine came home friday night. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago.
According to my serial number, mine is an 81, and it looks a lot like the one in the forum's homepage pic, but just a little bit darker.
What kind of finish is this exactly and more importantly what should I be doing to it, and NOT doing to it, to take care of it?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: t-40 proper care and feeding   t-40 proper care and feeding I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:29 am

Enjoy your new baby. And welcome to the show!
Back to top Go down
poomwah

PostSubject: Re: t-40 proper care and feeding   t-40 proper care and feeding I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm

thanks guys :]
the former owner already did the belt buckle thing :[ Something I'll make sure doesn't happen again.
as far as cleaning, what should I use? just a damp rag? should I use polish on it? lemon oil maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: t-40 proper care and feeding   t-40 proper care and feeding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

t-40 proper care and feeding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: