A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Replacement phase switch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
king_biscuit

PostSubject: Replacement phase switch   Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:27 pm

What is a good replacement phase switch for the T-40. I know it is just an on/on DPDT switch, but does anybody know a source for a flat handle switch similar to the original? Thanks. btw, I'm new here and this forum is a cool idea. I've had my T-40 since 1983 (its an early 79 model).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 am

Mike Frederick wrote an article about replacement switch sources over at the T-60 Forum.

Phase switch: Allparts EP 0180-010 On-On Mini Switch, SPDT or Radio Shack (DPDT Flatted Metal Level Toggle Switch #275-636).

http://www.peaveyt60.com/switch.htm

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks Tony. I am going by Radio Shack today to see if they have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Tony is da man. Forgot to congratulate you on your USAF retirement (very belated). I had talked to you on the T-60 forum about maybe attending your ceremony but it didn't work out. Gosh, had I gone in the AF when I wanted to I could retire this year too. Instead I have 13 more years to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 am

Thanks KB, just passing along the info we've compiled to make life easier on other T-owners.

No sweat Scott. Hang in there and you'll get your blue ID card soon enough. I've got some ceremony pics on my My Space, PM me if you want the address to check them out.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poomwah

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:14 am

according to radioshack, the 275-636 mounts in a 1/4 inch hole. isnt that too big ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:31 am

I don't have any T's taken apart at the moment, so I can't verify the exact sizes. But remember that the early T's came with the small flat switches while the later T's came with the larger bat switches. The mounting holes are different sizes.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kevdel

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:01 am

PT43, do you have a part number and a source for the two bat switches? I haven't been able to find any information on them. Thank-you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendswithyouband.com
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:43 am

I'm still trying to find those myself. I was wanting to use those in my Frank N. Peavey and T-63 projects but may have to go with the small flat switches.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cebreez84

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Wish I had found this thread sooner but in case anyone else finds it like I did. The paddle switches in question on the T-60, T-40. The pickup switch is a DPDT or double pole double throw because it needs three positions. Now operate your phase switch. It is more like an on off switch except that they needed to be able to reverse the coils and put the pickups out of phase. This requires a DPST or double pole single throw. Radio shack sells an exact replacement for the DPDT pickup switch but for some unknown reason nobody wants to supply the DPST for the phase switch as I have had a terrible time finding one. The same has been true for the tone pots, I cannot find anyone who sells the split pots which from what I understand was a Peavey patented part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barrowford Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 am

Try this:

http://www.axesrus.com/axecart.htm

I'm having some repairs done on my T40 and we got our switches here.

Ian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   

Back to top Go down

Replacement phase switch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1