THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pictures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jtre

pictures Empty
PostSubject: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 am

i don't have the foggiest idea of how to put pictures on this forum. i'm one of those who like to read other peoples' stuff, comment once in a while, but don't really do forum/blog. since the kids are never around or have better things to do than help me post pictures, i need a little info, thanks
Back to top Go down
Aladaube

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:36 pm

It's not all that complicated. What you need is an account with a free image hosting site. There are a few that all work similarly, but I'll use Photobucket ( at https://www.photobucket.com ) as an example here.

You open a personal account by registering with a user name and a password. Then you can upload pics from your own hard drive into "albums". For each pic you have in an album, you get four options for "sharing" (down at the right). These are just different ways of coding the pic's location on the web for different purposes.

To put a pic into a post on a forum such as this, choose the 4th or lowest option. Just click on the address (it will begin with [IMG] ) to copy it into your computer's clipboard memory. Then (assuming you use Windows) paste it into your post where you want it to appear by using either "Edit > Paste" on the browser menu, or the Ctrl-V key combo.

That's all. You can check that the pic appears as you intended by using the "Preview" option before sending off the post.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jtre

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:14 pm

thanks, that's pretty much what i've been told to do, but was too lazy & didn't want to do it from the company machines. so i'll give a try from the home computer when i can, thanks again
Back to top Go down
FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Something else you might consider is setting up a family website. For about 10 bucks per month you can have a website with anything you want to upload to it, family pics, updates, etc. It's a good way to keep distant family and friends updated. With the website you will have plenty of space to store photos you can link to.

I have about 1500 pictures on my site and still have plenty of room!!
Back to top Go down
http://Blackwoodknives.com/beta
T-40
Admin

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Aladaube had a good answer to this question.
Back to top Go down
https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com
LeeRain

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:59 am

I've re-run with the latest version and images are perfect now 8-)

My custom smiley codes and custom bbcode (youtube etc) has not converted - this is what will be in the new STK?

Sponsored content

pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: pictures   pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pictures
Page 1 of 1